Attention: All Seniors and their Parents – What are Cal Grants?

Cal Grants are free money for college that is awarded to student who meet eligibility, income and academic requirements.  The money can be used to attend any California Community College, Cal State University, University of California, private college, and most technical or vocational schools.

“To be considered for a Cal Grant award, you must complete both of these requirements:  First a 2011-2012 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed with the Federal processor at by the March 2, 2011 deadline.  Second, you must ensure that a certified Grade Point Average (GPA) is submitted to the California Student Aid Commission by March 2, 2011.”

Some high school may electronically submit GPA’s to the California Student Aid Commission for seniors so just check with your counseling office.  You need to fill out and return the “Cal Grant GPA Information Release Form” to the Counseling Office, by certain deadline.

For additional information on Cal Grants/FAFSA, please check the Student Aide Commission Website:


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s