- midcareer median salary of an SJSU graduate is $92,900 — 21 times the current $4,440 investment for annual tuition
- Starting salaries for SJSU grads, heavy on Silicon Valley engineers, are the second highest of all Cal State alums and higher than graduates of some UCs and many pricey private schools. Only Cal Poly San Luis Obispo ranks higher among the Cal State schools
- San Jose State, UC Berkeley and Stanford grads start out somewhat even in pay — but after two decades in the work force, Berkeley and Stanford grads were earning significantly more — $109,000 and $119,000, compared with $92,900 for SJSU grads
- Within the next six months, 300 public universities will post salary information compiled by PayScale.com
- The highest-earning college graduates in the U.S. come from Harvey Mudd College, surpassing Harvard, Princeton and Stanford. This fact is attributed to its heavy focus on math, science and engineering — as well as a strong alumni base in Southern California, where salaries are high.