Last Updated: 11/18/2010
Saint Mary’s College of CA
Application Deadline: Dec. 15
(SMC) 2 2011 – A Residental Summer Math Camp for Mathematically Gifted High-School students.
St. Mary’s has been given a grant by the Math Association of America (MAA) to run a math enrichment program and are therefore able to offer it entirely for free to students (except for a small deposit, which will be refunded to participants.)
The camp will run from June 26th to July 1st, 2011 and will be residential. Participating students will stay on campus in the Saint Mary’s Science Residence Hall and the program will focus on strengthening and inspiring students’ interest in Mathematics.
They are looking for current high school juniors, with exceptional sophomores being considered. Get more information and to download the application go to: http://math.stmarys-ca.edu/SMC2.html
- 2 sessions of week-long camp will teach students the fundamentals of the
- fashion industry by providing an insider’s perspective
- Session A: June 26 – July 2, 2011
- Session B: July 17 – July 23, 2011
- Student entering 9th through 12th
- Tuition: $1,850 per student or $1,699 if register with a friend
- Registration is based on first come first serve
- Six weeks program for student 16 and older and entering junior or senior year of high school
- Pre-college Fine Arts in architecture, art, design, drama, and music
- Advanced Placement/Early Action (AP/EA) – a challenge, credit-bearing program in biology, calculus, chemistry, computer science, engineering, history, mathematics, philosophy, physics and writing.
- Also video game development program in National High School Game Academy (NJSGA)
- Three- and six- weeks programs to get a head start on college by earning three to six college credits
- June 25 – Aug 9
- Architecture, Art, Business, College Success, Computer and Information Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Film, History and Politics, Hotel Management, Humanities, Law and Government, Medicine, Psychology,
- Research and Science, and Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science.
- www.summercollege.cornell.edu or Facebook
- Email: email@example.com
- STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics for 8th -12th graders with GPA of 3.5 or above
- Four-week residential program to work side-by-side with outstanding university researchers and faculty at UC Santa Cruz, UC Davis, UC Irvine, and UC San Diego
- UCI: June 26-July 23, www.cosmos.uci.edu
- UCD/UCSC/UCSD: July 10-Aug 6, www.cosmos.ucdavis.edu, epc.ucsc.edu/cosmos, www.cosmos.ucsd,edu
- Application fee: $30; tuition fee: $2,675
- Application available online on Feb 1st
- The Student Consevation Association (SCA), Charlestown, NH
- National Conservation Crews for high school student age 15-19
- Students serve the land through our internship and high school crew programs, and learn the skills and values of lifelong stewardship.
- 6-8 teenagers serve for 3-5 weeks in summer
- Each one is supervised by two experienced adult leaders
- Develop leadership skills, create team spirit, and manage day-to-day challenges
- Submit full application by Jan. 15
- Also offers expense-paid internships for 18 and older
- Monthly e-newsletter sign up at http://members.thesca.org/site/PageNavigator/email_signup
Smith Summer Science and Engineering program
The sciences and engineering offer so many great opportunities for girls. Explore your interests this summer at one of the top-rated colleges in the country—learn about the biology of women athletes, design with engineers, or unlock the mystery of your own DNA. Open to girls entering grades 9 through 12 in fall 2011. Held from July 3rd through the 30th, 2011. Smith Summer Science and Engineering program – Center for Community Collaboration – Wright Hall – Smith College, Northampton, MA 01063 – (413) 585-3060. The complete information website is: http://www.smith.edu/ssep. The Summer Science & Engineering Program has two deadlines for application: an early admission date of March 1, 2011 and a regular admission date of May 1, 2011. All complete applications received before these dates will be evaluated. Applicants are encouraged to apply early as the program has a long waiting list. Applications to the SSEP will not be reviewed until all materials are received.
- Mission San Jose – Summer Sessions
- Paly Link – Palo Alto High School PTSA Newsletter