- public four-year colleges and universities raised in-state tuition and fees an average of 8% during the 2010-2011 school year. However, students are receiving record increases in federal grant aid to compensate.
- public four-year colleges and universities have increased at an average annual rate of 6% beyond inflation over the past 10 years, compared to 3% at public two-year colleges and 3% at private nonprofit four-year institutions.
- largest increase in Pell Grant history led to $28.2 billion in grant aid for 7.7 million students during the 2009-2010 school year, which is an increase of almost $10 billion from the previous year.
The Christian Connector is a “one-stop-shop” for receiving free information from Christian colleges. We have over 100 Christian colleges and Bible colleges ready to send you information!
Gates Millenium Scholars, Male Initiative – Bridge Builders Forum Event for African American, Asian/Pacific Islander and Latino students and parents.
Date: Sat., Nov. 13, 2010 at California State University East Bay
time: Registration starts at 8:30 a.m.; workshops and sessions from 9:30 to 2:00 p.m.
Pre-register online at www.csueastbay.edu/BridgeBuilders
- Empowering workshops for Students and Parents
- Scholarship Information and tips for applying
- College Information and Resources
- Financial Aid and Admissions Information
- Free and open to the public
- continental breakfast and lunch provided
To ensure that seniors are eligible to apply to the President’s Scholars Program, please apply to the university at www.csumentor.edu as early as possible before the application deadline of Nov. 30.
The President’s Scholars Program application deadline is Monday, January 3, 2011. The online President’s Scholars Program application is available at www.csulb.edu/presidents_scholars/student_application.
For detailed program information, click here.
The California Postsecondary Education Commission has just updated the full-year community college to UC/CSU transfer numbers on their website. This information will be most helpful to students who are intending to transfer from a community college to a 4 year CA public institution. (Transfer Pathways, Link#1). For those students wishing to know (in general) how many total students transferred from a particular Community College to any UC or CSU, check out Link #2.
Link #1: Transfer Pathways – Individual Community College Transfer Numbers to UC or CSU
Link #2: TOTAL transfers to UCs and CSUs from each Community College
The Arthritis Foundation is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for our 2011 Summer Science Internship Program. This internship places advanced high school and college students in leading Rheumatology/Immunology laboratories at Stanford University and the University of California, San Francisco. Go to this website to download the overview and application and obtain more information: http://www.arthritis.org/media/chapters/nca/documents/SS_Overview_Application_2011.pdf. The deadline is Friday, February 25, 2011.
The Berkeley Admissions Student Ambassadors are hosting an event for prospective UC Berkeley students. A Student Panel will speak about their first year experiences on Sunday, November 21st, 2010 from 11:30—2:30pm in Room 180 Barrows Building at UC Berkeley. (There will be signs leading people to the building.) Prospective students will have an opportunity to ask last-minute application questions and receive a peer review of their essays.