Western Undergraduate Exchange

The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is available to students residing in western states who are enrolling in participating two and four-year public college programs. The WUE offers a reduced tuition equal to 150 percent of the institution’s regular resident tuition. WUE tuition is considerably less than nonresident tuition. To see the list of participating states and schools, and learn more about this program go to www.wiche.edu/sep/wue. Some Western states have fairly lenient residency requirements allowing students consideration as residents after living in the state for just 1 year (freshman year). Using the campus website search window, search for “residency requirements” and the parameters are normally stated clearly.
Note that WUE programs do not apply to a number of popular SRVHS campuses, such as the University of Oregon, CU Boulder, or the University of Arizona as non-resident tuition plays a crucial role in their funding structures.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s