Posts tagged ‘college’
When considering your choice of major, students might want to consider this study as one of their many resources regarding income potential. This (first of its kind) study concluded that college graduates overall make 84% more over a lifetime than those with only a high school diploma. Further analysis of 171 majors discovered that various undergraduate majors can lead to significantly different median wages within certain fields.
Keep in mind that median salary level of particular majors/careers is only one piece of a very large and intricate puzzle when determining an appropriate (personal=right fit) college pathway. Other considerations could include: knowing what they would be doing everyday in that job, the job responsibilities, values of the occupation, the advancement potential, etc. Statistics show that an average worker changes careers 3-5 times in a lifetime.
To access a copy of the study, click here.
It’s a day like no other. Spend it in Cal classrooms and labs, museums and performance halls, libraries, and arenas. Admission is free.
1. Grades matter more than ever.
2. Early birds will get more scholarship worms.
3. Students should apply to at least a couple of affordable schools.
4. Students should apply to at least a couple of generous schools.
- 49 States Flunk College Affordability Test (U.S. News – Education)
California, the only state that passed in the study, scraped by with a C minus
- How to Maximize Your Student’s Chances for Merit Aid (U.S. News – Education)
- How Can I Improve My Chances of Getting Need-based Grants? (U.S. News – Education)
Last Updated: January 16, 2009